The Wisconsin Chapter of the Society for Conservation Biology continues Wisconsin’s deep legacy of conservation, building on the groundwork laid by influential environmentalists such as Aldo Leopold and Gaylord Nelson, among many others.
WSCB is a statewide chapter of the international professional organization, the Society for Conservation Biology. We are a non-profit organization (Taxpayer ID #33-0147824) with tax-exempt status granted under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Our mission is to foster collaborative relationships among conservation professionals, NGO and agency leaders, higher education faculty, and students throughout the state of Wisconsin. Through an open platform centered around awareness of conservation issues in Wisconsin and worldwide, we aim to:
- Promote an interdisciplinary and integrative approach to conservation biology
- Advance and articulate conservation and science-based positions on matters of public policy
- Develop professional skills and leadership opportunities for conservation practitioners and students
- Engage with a wide audience on important conservation issues
- Promote engagement in society and chapter activities
We welcome your opinions and suggestions for our chapter! Members are encouraged to take an active role in the planning and direction of WSCB. To get involved, join our chapter, or send us an email at email@example.com