WSCB is a statewide chapter of the Society for Conservation Biology. SCB is an international professional organization dedicated to promoting the scientific study of the phenomena that affect the maintenance, loss, and restoration of biological diversity. The Society’s membership comprises a wide range of people interested in the conservation and study of biological diversity: resource managers, educators, government and private conservation workers, and students make up the more than 5,000 members world-wide.
The Society for Conservation Biology was founded in 1985 with the objective of applying a greater conservation-oriented focus to the traditional biological sciences. Since then, the field of Conservation Biology has grown considerably, as has Society membership. This global community of conservation professionals is the foundation of the Society for Conservation Biology.
Whether it’s leadership, networking and career-boosting opportunities found at SCB meetings and in SCB Groups, access to groundbreaking scientific journals, or passion for the advancement of the science and practice of conserving the Earth’s biological diversity, you’ll find it all and more as a member of SCB.
Here are some of the benefits available to members of SCB:
- Conservation Letters
- 25% discount on Wiley-Blackwell publications
- Discounted rates for all SCB conferences
- Online access to the SCB member expertise database
- The opportunity to have you and your work featured on the SCB home page
- Access to groundbreaking research at discounted subscription rates for Conservation Biology, Pacific Conservation Biology, and Biological Conservation
- Free online access to Conservation Biology and Biological Conservation for members from developing countries
- Representation and participation in international and national policy forums
- Networking opportunities when you join your conservation community through SCB Sections, Chapters, and Working Groups